Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte
TWRP recovery opens the doors to gain custom rom access on your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte and more.
When you decide to make unofficial changes to your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte, one of the first processes to go through on the way is to install a custom recovery. If you are a android user, you may already be aware of TWRP Recovery.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery image of open-source software for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to perform various tasks including installing third-party custom ROMs, mods, kernels, taking a backup, and more.
In this article, we tell you how to install TWRP custom recovery in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte, what exactly it means, and what steps you need to take to do it.
- What is TWRP Custom recovery?
- Which one is the best? TWRP or CWM!
- Benefits of Installing TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A5(2016)
- Steps to install TWRP Custom recovery in Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte?
- Magisk installation using TWRP in Samsung Galaxy A5(2016).
- Finalizing – Magisk Installation Guide On Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte
What is TWRP Custom Recovery?
In addition to the clockwork mod developer solution, there are other modified recovery environments. One of the most functional solutions of this type is TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP).
It is necessary to indicate that manufacturers limit the possibilities of pre-installed recovery. Many experienced users want to make use of the features of the hardware components as much as possible, and therefore there is so-called custom recovery, available for installation on a large list of Android devices. Such a solution is quite seriously expandable: the possibility of adding new features to the firmware and the fine configuration of the Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte.
Now you can install TWRP recovery in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M with this Guide.
Which one is the best, TWRP or CWM?
For those who have already get into the world of modding, these are both well-known names. CWM pioneered custom recovery, even though it lost many users to the Team Win Recovery Project. The TWRP is the most recent, much more used in recent years by developers because it supports a greater number of models. As we all know no product is better than the other but for the reasons listed here, I recommend you to use TWRP instead of CWM.
Install TWRP custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte.
- Download the TWRP recovery file and rename it to recovery.img and paste it into the Fastboot folder.
- Now you need to open the CMD window inside that folder. To do this, Shift + right-click on an empty blank space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
- Enter to Fastboot mode in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M by following steps:
After shutting down your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte, press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time.
- Take a USB cable and connect theSamsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M to the PC.
- Enter the following in the command window to boot the Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte into bootloader / fastboot mode.
“Making sure you have enabled USB Debugging mode on Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte as shown above.”
Once you enter this command it will execute the device. after entering the command press enter to execute the command.
adb reboot bootloader
Once theSamsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte has booted into quick boot mode, type in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
“This command will start installing TWRP recovery on the device.”
- Once TWRP is installed, enter the final command to reboot the device.
- You should now have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M.
The function of TWRP Custom recovery
The TWRP is a “custom recovery” method to offer so many more functions than a stock recovery. The main feature of TWRP is to be totally “touch” (It also has a keyboard), and therefore the operations to be carried out are extremely easy and intuitive. Furthermore, it avoids stressing the few physical buttons on our terminal, helping to increase life expectancy.
Some of the functions are below:
Here we could flash (install) any ROM, MOD, or Kernel in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M.
Note that it is possible to select a sequence of files to flash, so we can decide to flash in succession (ordered) ROM, Kernel, and MOD in one shot, which is a great convenience.
Here we can perform the various wipes of the memory to prepare the Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte for a ROM flash or clean.
Here we will find:
– Wipe Data, which allows you to delete all application data in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M device
– Wipe system, which allows you to delete the currently installed ROM on your Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte device.
– Wipe Cache, which allows you to clear the device cache.
– Wipe Dalvik cache, which allows you to clear the Dalvik virtual machine cache.
– Wipe internal storage, deletes all internal memory (all files, photos, videos, etc.)
Typically also called Nandroid Backup, it is the section that an expert modder must know and use often. It allows us to make a TOTAL Backup of the ROM currently installed in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M device (excluding the files in the internal memory).
We can backup:
System, which contains the operating system
– Data, which contains the application data
– Cache, which contains the device cache
– Boot, which contains the boot partition of the device
– EFS, contains all the network settings files of the device, including the IMEI, so I recommend making a backup at least once. It happens that sometimes you can delete this partition losing all connectivity, even cellular.
To restore a backup, You can choose this function on your Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte. It can only be used if we have previously made a backup present on the redmi device or external device.
It allows us to restore the ROM completely. When the device restarts, we will restart from the point where the ROM situation occurs at the backup time.
Here we can mount the partitions present in the Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M device to be able to perform operations through the ADB sideload
Here we can set different recovery settings.
I advise you to set:
– Zip signature verification, which adds a level of security when installing zip files on your Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte.
– Enable MD5 verification of backup files prevents you from flashing corrupt (and therefore not working) backups.
– Timezone, usually wrong, then it will mark the wrong time.
Restore default must be used at each recovery update to avoid problems during the flash of the new version.
Here we find a wide variety of additional functions that allow us to perform more complex operations, including:
– Fix permission to be used in case we have several apps that have frequent crash problems
– ADB sideload us to connect the device to our PC to perform operations on apps with which sideloading is possible. Typically it is used to replace the current system with a modified version.
– File Manager allows us to access the files stored on the device
Allows us to restart the device in various ways:
– System will restart the Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte device.
– Power off, turn off the Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M device.
– Recovery, restart the Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M device in recovery.
– Bootloader, restart the device in the bootloader.
Magisk installation using TWRP in your Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte.
Magisk has been updated to stable version 15.0. This is great news for Android phone owners who can get root permissions using this rooting tool, which is becoming more and more popular (after SuperSU) called Magisk v15.0. The latest version of Magisk is now out of beta with many improvements to the Super User libraries. Magisk v15.0 is now available for official download for all Android users. Now you are on the stage of installation of twrp recovery, You can also install magisk by flashing magisk in the recovery stage.
Read More Here: How to Install Magisk On Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte.
Finally, a way is available to be able to install twrp recovery and use many services and applications that, thanks to many who make the TWRP recovery an incorrect use towards other users and the companies themselves, tend not to want to support modified firmware.
What next? Try Custom ROM: List of Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy A5(2016) SM-A510M a5xelte