Lineage OS is the new successor to the CyanogenMod custom ROM. After CyanogenMod was discontinued in 2016. Almost every list of the best custom ROMs you’ve seen probably has a lineage os.
The customization options extend more than the offerings that Stock Android provides. However, it is playing a leading role in the world of Android custom ROMs.
Android 10 Q was officially released, so its source code is AOSP 10. At the movement, you can enjoy using lineage os 17.1 in Xiaomi devices based on the android 10 q version.
Lineage OS 17.1
The Android ecosystem is extraordinary for global users due to its customization capabilities. Not only expected customization but also allows you to modify settings and functionalities profoundly. Custom ROMs have increased your customization possibilities to a whole new level.
There are many custom ROMs for the Android platform. However, CyanogenMod was the best among all the others. But it was replaced by a better one called LineageOS.
Before you begin the installation steps, you must understand the benefits of Lineage OS 7.1. Check the Compatible Devices list below.
Features of lineage os 17.1 in Xiaomi
There are several features of LineageOS 17.1 :
- live display that allows you to change the color temperature. (warmer looks nice to look at, albeit a bit stressful compared to cooler temperature).
- Pre-installed apps like AudioEQ, Gallery App, Audio Recorder, Screen Recorder are some apps that you don’t get with your standard Gapps package. YOu can flash Gapps on your Xiaomi.
- Private Guard: Manage all application permissions from a single interface.
- NavBar customization: This allows you to hide or change the location of the buttons completely.
- Security patches will be upgraded up to time in Xiaomi devices (Lineage os 17.1)
- ROM updated to the android-10.0.0_r31 tag of the AOSP branch, which is the Google Pixel 4 now feel in Xiaomi device
- AOSP keyboard with emoji support.
- New navigation gestures are taken directly from AOSP.
LINEAGE OS HIGHLIGHTS
- Very clean firmware (not pre-rooted).
- Privacy Guard to provide more privacy
Some features are described above. There is the main feature in lineage os 17.1 installed in Xiaomi devices.
To proceed with the installation of the Lineage OS 17.1 on Xiaomi device requires the following.
- Complete Backup: Keep complete backup of Xiaomi device.
- Unlock bootloader: You must unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi device. All of the customization work needs an unlocked bootloader device
- TWRP Recovery: You need to install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi device.
- 90% charge: You need 90% or more charge.
- Download File: Download and save Lineage OS 17.1 file in your Xiaomi device. Find the download link below
- Gapps: Download Gapps save in your Xiaomi device.
Lineage OS 17.1 Compatible Devices
To get the list of compatible mobiles, it is recommended to go through the below list.
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 5s capricorn
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 chiron
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi K20 davinci
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 9T davinci
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 8 dipper
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 5 gemini
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 ginkgo
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T ginkgo
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi A2 jasmine_sprout
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi Note 3 jason
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi 3S land
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi 3X land
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi Mix lithium
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus natrium
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi 7 onclite
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite platina
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S polaris
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 6 sagit
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi 4X santoni
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi Note 2 scorpio
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi A1 tissot
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro twolip
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Mi 6X wayne
- Lineage OS For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro whyred
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Xiaomi
- Make sure that the Lineage OS 17.1 package is inside the memory of your Device.
- Next, Move ROM to the internal storage of your Xiaomi device.
- After, Reboot Xiaomi device into TWRP recovery.
- Go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe and select System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache / ART, then continue with a swipe at the bottom;
- After wiping go back to TWRP recovery home, select install button, Navigate to Havoc OS custom ROM file on your internal storage.
- Select the file and swipe to the right.
- After Flashing a Lineage OS 17.1 file, Flash the Gapps On your Xiaomi device.
- At the end of the flash, tap on Reboot System and wait for the device to reboot.
Currently, Lineage OS does not differ much from CyanogenMod, however, in our opinion, it is worth a try. The ROM is always quite fluid, a sign that the developers are working hard.
Let us know if you have any problems, opinions, or corrections regarding this topic. We are happy to hear from you in the comment section and on email.