Microsoft Has just released Official windows 11. In this post, you will learn how to install stable Windows 11 on your pc or laptop. We will show you how to download and install windows
11 from scratch.
You can use this guide to either install clean windows 11 on a brand new drive or use this guide to reinstall windows11. Before starting this tutorial, make sure your system supports Windows 11 requirements like TPM 1.2, UEFI & Secure Boot.
- Check Windows 11 System requirements are met. [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications]
- Make sure you need a computer running windows10.
- An 8 GB or higher pen drive to create a bootable USB with windows 11.
- It would be best if you had a 64 GB or higher hard drive or SSD to clean install windows 11.
Anyway, let us get into the installation
Step 1 – Download windows 11
Open your browser, click on the download link section which will take you to the page where you can download the official Windows 11 from Microsoft.
There are three options which will be shown on the microsoft website.
- Upgrade to windows 11 from windows10 using the windows 11 assistant. Since we are installing windows 11 on a brand new drive aka clean installation.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft & create bootable media. Go ahead and download a Windows 11 Media tool from here.
- Directly download windows 11 ISO using the third option & burn it to the pen drive using a RUFUS.
Step 2 – Create a Bootable USB with windows11
- Connect the Pen drive.
- Download, Install & Open the windows 11 media creation tool.
- Accept the license terms and conditions,
- Then make sure the recommended option is ticked and click on next.
- Now, here, choose the first option to download windows 11 & create a bootable Windows 11 USB in one click.
- Sit back and relax.
This process will take some time, make sure your computer is connected to the internet to download windows 11 and do not close this program.
Step 2 Alternate – Creating Windows 11 bootable USB with Rufus
If in case, you have downloaded Windows 11 iso and decided to burn using a RUFUS, you
can follow this step and discard step 2.
- Go ahead & download the Rufus and run this program with admin privileges.
- Inside here, choose your Pen Drive Letter then import the Windows 11 ISO.
- Once it’s done, under the partition scheme choose GPT if your system uses UEFI or choose MBR if your system uses BIOS mode.
- To check whether your system boot mode is BIOS or UEFI, open the run dialog and type msinfo32, and here you can see the boot mode on your computer. In this case, the recommended option is to choose GPT for UEFI systems.
- Now, go ahead click on flash to start creating a bootable Windows 11 USB.
Sep 3 – Formatting & Installing Windows 11
Alright, now we have done creating a bootable USB with windows 11. It’s time to install
windows 11 on a brand new drive.
As you can see, the computer is connected to two drives. Drive 0 is where Windows 10 has currently installed, and drive 1 is where we are going to install Windows 11.
- Anyway, go ahead and reboot the computer.
- Enter into a BIOS mode by pressing the F2 or delete key. (May be other keys depending upon your pc model)
- Then inside BIOS, you need to enable the secure Boot,otherwise, windows 11 may not go to Boot. In this case, I have enabled secure boot.
- Once it’s done, save the changes.
- Now, hold F10 or F12 on your keyboard, to enter into a boot menu, from here choose your Pen drive to boot into the Windows 11 setup.
- Inside the setup choose the language, country, and keyboard layout. Then click on next and choose to install windows 11. If in case you have the windows 10 license key you can use it here, you can select the “i don’t have product key” option on your screen.
- Now, here choose the flavor of Windows 11, pick one option and click on next.
- Accept the license terms and conditions click on next and choose the custom option.
- Now, under the partition setup, you can see the list of drives connected to the PC. We selected Drive 1 to install Windows 11. As you can see, drive 1 has two partitions and partition 2 is not allowing us to install windows 11. This is because the Drive is not properly formatted to install windows 11.
- To fix this issue, on your keyboard, hold Shift + f10 to open the command prompt.
- Inside the command prompt, type (diskpart), now type (list disk) we gonna select the disk 1. To do so, type (select disk 1).
- Once it’s selected. Type (detail disk) to see that you have selected the corrected drive.
- Now, type (clean) to format the drive. Once it’s done type (convert gpt) to use a GPT partition layout on the brand new drive.
- Now, exit from the command prompt.
- Back to the partition screen, here click on a refresh to affect the changes.
- Now, you can see the drive 1 is showing as unallocated free space. Select the drive and click on new. This will create two or three partitions, now choose the main primary partition and click on next to start installing windows 11.
- That’s it, now sit back and relax, the installation will take some time depending on the writing speeds of your computer.
Once it’s done your computer should restart to Windows 11. You can go ahead, Eject the
pen drive. As You can see here, it shows both windows 11 and windows 10, pick windows 11 and the computer should reboot a couple of times. After, sometime, you can see the welcome screen of windows 11.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions and set up the new windows 11. This is how you properly install windows 11 on your PC or laptop from scratch. If you are having any issues, comment below. We will try our best to help you.