Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium
TWRP recovery opens the doors to gain custom rom access on your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium and more.
When you decide to make unofficial changes to your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium, one of the first processes to go through on the way is to install a custom recovery. If you are a android user, you may already be aware of TWRP Recovery.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery image of open-source software for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to perform various tasks including installing third-party custom ROMs, mods, kernels, taking a backup, and more.
In this article, we tell you how to install TWRP custom recovery in your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium, what exactly it means, and what steps you need to take to do it.
Table of Content:
What is TWRP Custom Recovery?
In addition to the clockwork mod developer solution, there are other modified recovery environments. One of the most functional solutions of this type is TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP).
It is necessary to indicate that manufacturers limit the possibilities of pre-installed recovery. Many experienced users want to make use of the features of the hardware components as much as possible, and therefore there is so-called custom recovery, available for installation on a large list of Android devices. Such a solution is quite seriously expandable: the possibility of adding new features to the firmware and the fine configuration of the Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium.
Now you can install TWRP recovery in your Xiaomi Poco F1 with this Guide.
Which one is the best, TWRP or CWM?
For those who have already get into the world of modding, these are both well-known names. CWM pioneered custom recovery, even though it lost many users to the Team Win Recovery Project. The TWRP is the most recent, much more used in recent years by developers because it supports a greater number of models. As we all know no product is better than the other but for the reasons listed here, I recommend you to use TWRP instead of CWM.
Features of TWRP recovery
In TWRP recovery, the interface of it is so advanced for all kinds of people. All the options in TWRP are button featured, so very easy to handle TWRP instead of others.
Some more features are listed below:
- Install custom ROMs using TWRP recovery in your Xiaomi Poco F1. You can easily Install Custom Rom like Lineage OS on your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium.
- Flash modded zip files to personalize your Poco F1 beryllium.
- Easy to use Xposed modules.
- Easy to Root and Unroot via TWRP Recovery by installing Magisk On Your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium.
- You can always perform NANDROID backup in case of modifications or installations of modded files in your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Easy access & restore android Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP recovery.
- Your can remove all bloatware on your Xiaomi device using TWRP recovery.
- For underclock and overclock.
- Wipe, Cache and Data can be cleaned.
- There should be 90% battery charge on yourPoco F1 beryllium to perform the TWRP installation process. If not, charge and then proceed.
- Make a full backup of your Xiaomi device which allows you to recover in case of problems.
- Download and Install the ADB Fastboot drivers on your PC. On the installation, you have a choice to install USB drivers, so you can install drivers at the right time. You may reach any error at the time of installing custom recovery about install drivers you have to download and install drivers for your Poco F1 beryllium in your PC. Find the download link in below.
- Enable the USB Debugging and Developer Options on your MIUI device. (EMUI, more)
- Enable the developer option on your Poco F1.
- On Poco F1 beryllium go to Settings ->
- Scroll down to find About Device/Phone and tap on it.
- Locate MIUI Version and tap several times on it.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium device.
- Go to Settings
- Additional Settings-> Developer options to enable it.
- Find the USB Debugging option and enable it.
- Make sure your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Download and Install the ADB Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Read More Articles On Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium
Install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium.
- Download the TWRP recovery file and rename it to recovery.img and paste it into the Fastboot folder.
- Now you need to open the CMD window inside that folder. To do this, Shift + right-click on an empty blank space inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
- Enter to Fastboot mode in your Xiaomi Poco F1 by following steps:
After shutting down your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium, press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time.
- Take a USB cable and connect theXiaomi Poco F1 to the PC.
- Enter the following in the command window to boot the Poco F1 beryllium into bootloader / fastboot mode.
“Making sure you have enabled USB Debugging mode on Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium as shown above.”
Once you enter this command it will execute the device. after entering the command press enter to execute the command.
adb reboot bootloader
Once theXiaomi Poco F1 beryllium has booted into quick boot mode, type in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
“This command will start installing TWRP recovery on the device.”
- Once TWRP is installed, enter the final command to reboot the device.
- You should now have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
Download Required Files Below
The function of TWRP Custom recovery
The TWRP is a “custom recovery” method to offer so many more functions than a stock recovery. The main feature of TWRP is to be totally “touch” (It also has a keyboard), and therefore the operations to be carried out are extremely easy and intuitive. Furthermore, it avoids stressing the few physical buttons on our terminal, helping to increase life expectancy.
Some of the functions are below:
Here we could flash (install) any ROM, MOD, or Kernel in your Xiaomi Poco F1.
Note that it is possible to select a sequence of files to flash, so we can decide to flash in succession (ordered) ROM, Kernel, and MOD in one shot, which is a great convenience.
Here we can perform the various wipes of the memory to prepare the Poco F1 beryllium for a ROM flash or clean.
Here we will find:
– Wipe Data, which allows you to delete all application data in your Xiaomi Poco F1 device
– Wipe system, which allows you to delete the currently installed ROM on your Poco F1 beryllium device.
– Wipe Cache, which allows you to clear the device cache.
– Wipe Dalvik cache, which allows you to clear the Dalvik virtual machine cache.
– Wipe internal storage, deletes all internal memory (all files, photos, videos, etc.)
Typically also called Nandroid Backup, it is the section that an expert modder must know and use often. It allows us to make a TOTAL Backup of the ROM currently installed in your Xiaomi Poco F1 device (excluding the files in the internal memory).
We can backup:
System, which contains the operating system
– Data, which contains the application data
– Cache, which contains the device cache
– Boot, which contains the boot partition of the device
– EFS, contains all the network settings files of the device, including the IMEI, so I recommend making a backup at least once. It happens that sometimes you can delete this partition losing all connectivity, even cellular.
To restore a backup, You can choose this function on your Poco F1 beryllium. It can only be used if we have previously made a backup present on the redmi device or external device.
It allows us to restore the ROM completely. When the device restarts, we will restart from the point where the ROM situation occurs at the backup time.
Here we can mount the partitions present in the Poco F1 device to be able to perform operations through the ADB sideload
Here we can set different recovery settings.
I advise you to set:
– Zip signature verification, which adds a level of security when installing zip files on your Poco F1 beryllium.
– Enable MD5 verification of backup files prevents you from flashing corrupt (and therefore not working) backups.
– Timezone, usually wrong, then it will mark the wrong time.
Restore default must be used at each recovery update to avoid problems during the flash of the new version.
Here we find a wide variety of additional functions that allow us to perform more complex operations, including:
– Fix permission to be used in case we have several apps that have frequent crash problems
– ADB sideload us to connect the device to our PC to perform operations on apps with which sideloading is possible. Typically it is used to replace the current system with a modified version.
– File Manager allows us to access the files stored on the device
Allows us to restart the device in various ways:
– System will restart the Poco F1 beryllium device.
– Power off, turn off the Poco F1 device.
– Recovery, restart the Xiaomi Poco F1 device in recovery.
– Bootloader, restart the device in the bootloader.
Magisk installation using TWRP in your Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium.
Magisk has been updated to stable version 15.0. This is great news for Android phone owners who can get root permissions using this rooting tool, which is becoming more and more popular (after SuperSU) called Magisk v15.0. The latest version of Magisk is now out of beta with many improvements to the Super User libraries. Magisk v15.0 is now available for official download for all Android users. Now you are on the stage of installation of twrp recovery, You can also install magisk by flashing magisk in the recovery stage.
Read More Here: How to Install Magisk On Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium.
Finally, a way is available to be able to install twrp recovery and use many services and applications that, thanks to many who make the TWRP recovery an incorrect use towards other users and the companies themselves, tend not to want to support modified firmware.
What next? Try Custom ROM: List of Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium