Lineage OS is the new successor to the CyanogenMod custom ROM. After CyanogenMod was discontinued in 2016. Almost every list of the best custom ROMs you’ve seen probably has a lineage os.
The customization options extend more than the offerings that Stock Android provides. However, it is playing a leading role in the world of Android custom ROMs.
Android 10 Q was officially released, so its source code is AOSP 10. At the movement, you can enjoy using lineage os 17.1 in Asus devices based on the android 10 q version.
Lineage OS 17.1
The Android ecosystem is extraordinary for global users due to its customization capabilities. Not only expected customization but also allows you to modify settings and functionalities profoundly. Custom ROMs have increased your customization possibilities to a whole new level.
There are many custom ROMs for the Android platform. However, CyanogenMod was the best among all the others. But it was replaced by a better one called LineageOS.
Before you begin the installation steps, you must understand the benefits of Lineage OS 7.1. Check the Compatible Devices list below.
Features of lineage os 17.1 in Asus
There are several features of LineageOS 17.1 :
- live display that allows you to change the color temperature. (warmer looks nice to look at, albeit a bit stressful compared to cooler temperature).
- Pre-installed apps like AudioEQ, Gallery App, Audio Recorder, Screen Recorder are some apps that you don’t get with your standard Gapps package. YOu can flash Gapps on your Asus.
- Private Guard: Manage all application permissions from a single interface.
- NavBar customization: This allows you to hide or change the location of the buttons completely.
- Security patches will be upgraded up to time in Asus devices (Lineage os 17.1)
- ROM updated to the android-10.0.0_r31 tag of the AOSP branch, which is the Google Pixel 4 now feel in Asus device
- AOSP keyboard with emoji support.
- New navigation gestures are taken directly from AOSP.
LINEAGE OS HIGHLIGHTS
- Very clean firmware (not pre-rooted).
- Privacy Guard to provide more privacy
Some features are described above. There is the main feature in lineage os 17.1 installed in Asus devices.
To proceed with the installation of the Lineage OS 17.1 on Asus device requires the following.
- Complete Backup: Keep complete backup of Asus device.
- Unlock bootloader: You must unlock the bootloader of your Asus device. All of the customization work needs an unlocked bootloader device
- TWRP Recovery: You need to install TWRP custom recovery on Asus device.
- 90% charge: You need 90% or more charge.
- Download File: Download and save Lineage OS 17.1 file in your Asus device. Find the download link below
- Gapps: Download Gapps save in your Asus device.
Lineage OS 17.1 Compatible Devices
To get the list of compatible mobiles, it is recommended to go through the below list.
- Lineage OS For Asus Nexus 7 (2012) grouper
- Lineage OS For Asus Nexus 7 (2013) deb
- Lineage OS For Asus ROG Phone ll ZS660KL I001 1
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL) (WW) / 6Z (ZS630KL) (IN) ZS630KL I01WD
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL) (WW) / 6Z (ZS630KL) (IN) I01WD
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ZB602KL) X00T 6
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 (ZB631KL) X01BD 1
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL) (WW) / 5Z (ZS621KL) (IN) ZS620KL Z01R 1
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL) (WW) / 5Z (ZS621KL) (IN) Z01RD Z01R 1
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL) Z017DA Z017D 1
- Lineage OS For Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL) Z017D Z017D 1
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Asus
- Make sure that the Lineage OS 17.1 package is inside the memory of your Device.
- Next, Move ROM to the internal storage of your Asus device.
- After, Reboot Asus device into TWRP recovery.
- Go to Wipe> Advanced Wipe and select System, Cache, Data, Dalvik Cache / ART, then continue with a swipe at the bottom;
- After wiping go back to TWRP recovery home, select install button, Navigate to Havoc OS custom ROM file on your internal storage.
- Select the file and swipe to the right.
- After Flashing a Lineage OS 17.1 file, Flash the Gapps On your Asus device.
- At the end of the flash, tap on Reboot System and wait for the device to reboot.
Currently, Lineage OS does not differ much from CyanogenMod, however, in our opinion, it is worth a try. The ROM is always quite fluid, a sign that the developers are working hard.
Let us know if you have any problems, opinions, or corrections regarding this topic. We are happy to hear from you in the comment section and on email.