Although ROMs nowadays seem to have lost some popularity, they are still of great importance in avoiding obsolescence as much as possible and that outdated mobiles enjoy a second life. And Lineage OS 17.1 brings Android 10 to various mobiles.
Among all the ROMs, Lineage OS stands out for being the best due to its great continuity and device support. One more year, we have a new version of Android loaded with news.
Lineage OS 17.1 is official: all the news of the best Android ROM
The arrival of LineageOS 17, the version number that would correspond to Android 10, has taken several months to officially arrive. Although it is true that from practically the first weeks of the launch of Android 10 there were already versions of Lineage OS 17, they were nightly versions , in the development phase. It was not until a few hours ago that the team announced the first official version.
This decision-making is based on the philosophy of the Lineage OS team since the times of Cyanogenmod, and that is that they prefer to take the time it takes to make a stable version and ensure that the code is in optimal conditions at the quality level.
Another curiosity is that the first stable version has been named LineageOS 17.1, skipping 17 simply. This is because it not only includes the Android 10 code, but they have been incorporating the code that Google added in its feature drops .
What’s New in LineageOS 17.1
- All the news of Android 10.
- New screen capture tool capable of capturing sections of the screen.
- New theme app based on AOSP ThemePicker.
- As add-ons you can also change the system font, icon shape and icon style.
- Trebuchet, the LineageOS launcher already allows you to hide applications with your fingerprint.
- Security patches until March 2020 (it will be updated with the new patches).
- Return Wi-Fi selection screen.
- Support for fingerprint reader on screen.
- Support for rotating and retractable cameras.
- New languages for the AOSP keyboard.
- AOPS keyboard supports Emoji 12.0 .
- Webview has been updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
Compatible phones with Lineage OS 17.1
It is important to note that the list of devices compatible with Lineage OS 17.1 is the official initial list supported by the team itself. The good thing about free software and the community is that the same Lineage OS base is used by other ROM makers to offer versions with more additions or directly the same Lineage OS on devices that are not officially supported.
The official list, however, guarantees the best possible performance and stability within the world of ROMs. It is true that we cannot always have the same guarantee that the manufacturer will give us, but the stability of these ROMs is at the level to be used on a daily basis, and in return we get a cleaner and better updated Android.
That is, as we always mention, it is important to remember that these modifications are the responsibility of each user who wants to use the ROM . These are the compatible devices:
- Asus Zenfone 6.
- Fairphone 2.
- HTC One 2014.
- G2, G3 and G5.
- Moto Z, Z2 Force.
- Moto G6 Plus, G7.
- Moto X4.
- One Power.
- 3 / 3T.
- 6 and 6T.
- 7 Pro.
- Galaxy S4 / S4 Active / S4 Value edition.
- Galaxy Tab S5e.
- Mi 6, Mi 8.
- My Mix 2, 2S.
- Pocophone F1.
- Zuk Z2 Plus.