Do you want to install google play on windows 11? But still, wondering which method can help you? Then keep on reading the rest of the article.
Google Play is an essential part of the android device. Using this, you can download any app on your devices. But installing google play on windows 11 can be a little tricky. But once installed, you can install any Android app from the Play Store on your Windows 11 computer.
So let’s see how you can install Google Play on Windows 11.
Requirements to Install Google Play Store on Windows 11
Before installing the Google Play Store on windows 11, you need to download the following files and packages:
- You have to download the GApps package from the Open GAPPS website.
- After that, you need to download Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2)
- You also need an app to extract Windows subsystems for the Android MSIX package.
- Kernel file
- Finally, you need to download the WSAGA script developed by ADeltaX.
Once you’ve successfully downloaded all of these files, follow the detailed instructions for installing the Play Store on Windows 11 below.
How to Install Google Play Store on Windows 11
There are multiple ways to get the Play Store on Windows 11. But it is the easiest.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to install Google Play Store on Windows 11. The process is a bit long, but I explained everything in detail.
- First, open the Start menu and find and open the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel, click Programs and select Turn Windows Features on or off.
- After that Windows Features pop-up box will appear. Scroll down and find Hyper-V and ‘Virtual Machine Platform. ‘ Click on OK to enable these two options.
- You will need to restart your device to make the changes. So, click the Restart Now button and wait for the computer to reboot.
- Open Windows Settings
- After that, from the options on the left sidebar, click Privacy and Security.
- Then click on the option ‘For developers’ under Security.
- Under Developer mode, click the toggle button to enable the option to install apps from any source, including loose files.
- After that, a pop-up will ask you to confirm the action. Just click on the yes button.
- Extract the ADB-setup zip file and open it. Double click on that to open.
- It will first ask ‘Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot? (Y / N). Type Y and press Enter. Or for ‘Install ADB system-wide? (Y/N)’ type Y and hit enter.
- Finally, ‘Do you want to install the device driver? (Y / N) Type ‘Y’ and press Enter again.
- Now a setup box will appear. Click Next.
- After that, a new pop up box will appear; just click the install button
- Then click on the Finish button to quit the installer.
- Now take out the WSA package that we downloaded earlier. Now move the extracted folder to a C drive or somewhere.
- Copy the previously downloaded kernel file and move it to the WSUS Packages folder.
- Now copy the path to the WSA Packages folder. Click the address bar from Windows File Explorer and copy the entire way. Put it on the clipboard. It will be needed in the next step.
- Open Search and type PowerShell and open it. (Right-click on PowerShell and select ‘Run as Administrator)
- Type that below-given command and hit enter.
- In the above command, replace <path> with the address/path of the WSA folder.
- Now run the following command in PowerShell.
- When you open the Start menu, you will find the Windows subsystem for Android under the Recommended Apps section.
- Click on the Windows Subsystem for Android and open it. Scroll down and turn on developer mode.
- Now click on the Files option from the top and wait for Windows Subsystem for Android to load.
- Once opened, relaunch the Start menu and you’ll find the Play Store and other Appstore under the suggested sections.
- Open the ADB folder again and double-click on the ADB application.
- Now type cmd in the address bar of Windows File Explorer from the ADB folder to start the command prompt.
- Then open the Windows subsystem for Android and find the IP address. Then click the Copy button to copy the IP address to the clipboard.
- Go back to the command prompt and enter the command given below. Be sure to replace the IP with the one we copied in the last step.
ADB connection 172.xx.xx
- Now it will show a status associated with 172.xxx.xx.
- Then type ‘ADB shell ‘and press enter.
- Type ‘su ‘and press enter again.
- Type ‘setenforce 0’ and execute.
- Now the time is to close CMD.
- Click on the Play Store to launch the Google Play Store.
- Then it will ask you to Sign in to your Google account.
- Log in to your Google account
- When done, the Play Store will open. Now you can search for any app of your choice and install it easily.
Any app installed through the Play Store will appear in the Start menu. After installation, you can find it under the Recommended section of the Start menu.
In this method, first, you have to uninstall the windows subsystem for Android and enable developer mode.
- You have to go to the Settings app in Windows 11. Then click on the Apps tab from the left pane.
- Then click on Apps and Features, which should be the first tab in the Apps section.
- After that, scroll down to the Windows subsystem for Android in the app list.
- Click on the three-point menu and click Uninstall.
- Go to the Privacy and Security tab from the left pane.
- Click on the Developer tab under Security.
- Then turn on Developer Mode
- Click Yes when the prompt appears
Now follow the steps to install Google Play Store on Windows 11.
- Type ‘PowerShell’ in the search box, right-click on the first suggestion and select ‘Run as administrator.
- Now type the following command and press Enter key.
Add-AppxPackage -Register C:\WindowsSubsystemAndroid\AppxManifest.xml
- This can be the modified version of Windows Subsystem for Android(WSA) on your PC.
- If you encounter an error, go to Windows Settings> Privacy & Security> for Developers and turn on the toggle next to it to enable developer mode.
- Now try rerunning the above commands. This time it will work better.
- Then go to the Start menu and look for the Windows subsystem for Android. Open the app and follow the following steps.
- Now enable ‘Developer Mode’ in WSA mode and note the IP address and then you will assign it to the container. Then, click on the ‘Files’ option to start running WSA in Windows 11. After that, you can close that window.
- Go to the Developer Options menu and select the “Wireless Debugging” option. Enter the IP address you are viewing under Wireless Debugging Settings.
- Now set up ADB to connect WSA to Windows 11.
- After doing this, type CMD in File Explorer and type the following command.
If it fails, rerun it. This time it will work.
- Now enter the shell mode of WSA and enter the following commands one by one to use the superuser rights:
- Type the following command, which will change the SELinux mode to allowable.
Now you can search the Google Play Store in the Start menu and install any app from them.
Download Windows Subsystem for Android Package from Microsoft
If you do not have an MSIX package for Windows subsystem for Android then follow the following steps.
- Then go to the RG-Adguard website and select “ProductID” from the menu.
- Now type WSA’s Microsoft Store Product ID, 9P3395VX91NR in the text box and select ‘Slow’ in the text box and click the OK button.
- Scroll down and search for the file ‘msixbundle’ about 1.21 GB in the list.
- Once you find it, right-click it and select ‘Save as link’ to download it.
Setup Play Store on Windows 11 PC
Here we discuss how to install Google Play Store on Windows 11 is. When you searched online, you found several methods to install Play Store on Windows 11. But they were all long, and you had to download GApps, etc., manually do many things. But in this guide, I have provided direct download links for many files so that you can skip many steps and save time.
Using Google Play Store on Windows 11
The rest of the usage will be similar to using a phone or an emulator play store. You can search for any app and download it. Remember that this is still a very early stage procedure so you may run into problems.
However, it may take months for a stable version of Windows 11 to crash, but it will outperform most emulators when it does. If not the native version, we will see the developer-modified version for sure.
Overall these are some most effective ways to download and install Google Play on Windows 11. Using Google play, you can download and install any app on your Windows 11 device. However, these methods can be a little problematic or not work sometimes. Just repeat the process to achieve that. We hope this article helps you.
1 thought on “How to Install Google Play on windows 11”